Weston Wheel, from Woodcock Farm, in Weston, VT, is a natural-rinded sheep’s milk tomme, crafted from the milk of East Friesian dairy sheep, a breed highly prized for the quality of it’s milk. With a firm, buttery paste, sweet and nutty in flavor with herbaceous, caramel and fruity hints, a beautiful cheese on it’s own or with a dollop of jam or mostarda on top (in my case it was black currant jelly).
Weston Wheel was awarded best sheep’s milk cheese at the ACS conference in 2003.
Purchased at the new Fleisher’s outpost in Park Slope (renowned for their meats, but they also have a small but well-tended cheese selection)
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- mrskarkatharley reblogged this from cheesenotes
- katoxstar likes this
- liliquoimoon reblogged this from cheesenotes
- lessaismore reblogged this from cheesenotes
- lessaismore likes this
- chelseavictoria91 likes this
- amylouise6 reblogged this from cheesenotes and added:
- tweetface likes this
- cheesenotes posted this